I believe the idea 'home' is something we all agree is central to a happy, healthy life. It is sanctuary, the nest for our families and the setting for a life's memories. However, that wonderful and vague idea is subject to a wide range of interpretation as to what that means and even more on how to achieve it. Unfortunately, when it comes down to shopping for a home, the vast majority of home buyers simply buy as nice of a house with as much money as they can possibly afford.
Forget the dream home. Step back and think 'Dream Life'.
- Make the distinction between 'House' and 'Home'.
- 'Home' is very personal, it doesn't mean the same thing to all of us
- You don't buy homes, you create them.
- Events and relationships make a house a home.
- Consider buying less house and increasing financial options.
- Forget 'Dream Home' and think 'Dream Life'.